Heating and Cooling Preventative Maintenance in Lee’s Summit
Heartland Quality Heating & Cooling, based in Lee’s Summit, offers Preventative Maintenance Agreements to customers. Preventative Maintenance keeps your air conditioner and furnace operating at peak performance by having annual tune-ups in the spring and fall. Maintaining your equipment on a regular basis will help to prevent future problems and unnecessary repair costs.
Benefits of Being a Preventative Maintenance Customer:
- Include priority service over non-maintenance customers
- 10% discount on all repairs
- Two visits per year – one for the air conditioner and one for the furnace
- 10% discount on all accessories-such as humidifiers, ultraviolet lights, ect.
The Heartland Quality Maintenance Tune-up includes the following:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts, because the lack lubrication cause friction in motors and can increase the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
Air Conditioner Specific
- Clean condenser’s air conditioner coils. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer. If left unclean it can increase energy costs and reduce the life of the equipment.
- Check your central air conditioner’s refrigerant’s level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will cause your system to be less efficient, which increases energy costs and reduces the life of the equipment.
- Inspect blower components to check proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
Gas Furnace Specific
- Check the air filter
- Inspect the furnace blower assembly and oil the motor
- Check the exhaust system
- Check for gas leaks
- Check for proper combustion and clean the combustion air screen
- Inspect the heat exchanger with state-of-the-art light scoping cameras
- Check the furnace pilot light
- Clean the electronic sensor, pilot orifice, and main burners
- Check for proper airflow and adjust the dampers to optimize your comfort
- Check for carbon monoxide to ensure your family’s safety
- Check the drain system and clean the condensate trap
- Check the basic operation of additional accessories, including humidifiers, zoning systems, thermostats, ultraviolet lights, electronic air cleaners, and purifiers
Contact Heartland Quality Heating & Cooling today to sign up for our Preventative Maintenance Agreement.