Air Conditioning Tune up Season for your Lee’s Summit and Kansas City area Homes
Lee’s Summit and Kansas City area air conditioning systems need regular preventative maintenance or tune up to cool correctly. Air conditioning efficiency is affected by seasonal pollen, dirt and leaves that we commonly see in the Lee’s Summit or Kansas City area. Think of your air conditioner like your car, we know that our car needs the oil changed regularly, fluids checked, filters replaced and things lubricated to operate correctly and last, so does your homes air conditioning equipment. Unmaintained heating and cooling equipment have a higher rate of breakdown, use more energy and have a shorter life span. Hiring a professional heating and cooling contractor like Heartland Quality to tune up your home’s air conditioning will assure that you’re cooling your home as efficiently as possible.
- Regular maintenance keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible.
- Maintaining your air conditioner will save you money by extending the unit’s life.
Properly done Air Conditioner Tune up
When your air conditioning tune up is completed the equipment should be working at its peak. While some contractors say “Inspection” or “Check” what needs to be done is a air conditioning tune up. Some of the key areas that Heartland Quality Heating and Cooling addresses:
- Cleaning the outside coils
- Checking the refrigerant level
- Adjusting damper setting for cooling
- Checking indoor air flow setting
- Check indoor air flow
- Inspection of blower compartment
- Turning off humidifier
- Checking and clearing condensate area
- Checking all of the electrical components
- Checking current draw of all motors
- Lubricate motors as needed
- Checking all wiring connections and tighten
By having these key items reviewed by a professional heating and cooling contractor over 90% of the most common air conditioning repair calls would be eliminated. So when you’re ready to schedule your Lee’s Summit, Raymore, Kansas City or Overland Park air conditioning tune up this year, give Heartland Quality Heating and Cooling a call.